Snippets of July

July 29, 2015

UntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled
Blackberry pie oh me oh my, and what Detroit Lake (aka Detroit Pond) looks like during a crazy drought.

July is on its way out, and I can't say I'm sad. We had a short burst of cooler weather over the weekend, and it has me aching for fall. Is it fall yet? Is it fall yet?

When I was a kid, this was the time of year that I'd start panicking about the end of summer. It's not that I didn't like school, but rather, I'm not super fond of transitions. It was hard to wrap my mind around volleyball practice, and homework, and waking up early every morning when it was still so beautiful outside.

Nowadays, I get nostalgic about the end of summer. Sometimes I buy myself school knitting supplies or start a new big project. This year, I'd simply like to finish one of the many projects I started back when the babe was still kickin' around in the womb. But, for now, I'm trying my best not to wish these ridiculously hot, lazy days away as soon as possible.

8 comments:

  1. I was never fond of transitions either, I had anxiety with each new school year. I am eagerly awaiting fall's arrival here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must live very near my sister who lives in Mill City. She's been keeping me updated on the drought and summer heat which she describes as horrendous. I hope you get some relief very soon as the reservoir looks very very low. Lovely pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way about transitions...I can feel them coming on, way ahead of when they really happen and it usually motivates me to start over in some big way. I find it comforting to live by the seasons, to shift my life around nature...the colors, the light, the warmth. Other transitions, however, I'm not so comfortable with. :) I'm hoping too for fall to come soon.

    ps...is that your dining room in your New Year Resolutions post?? It's one of my very favorite dining rooms! I have it saved but didn't know it was yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackberry pie... I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blackberry pie looks so good! I long for fall as well. Summers in my area are usually very stuffy and I don't enjoy the super crowded swimming pools and lakes. Smelling fall in the air makes the world feel fresh and crisp and clean again. That said - enjoy your lazy summer days as long as you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good! I make cobbler often, but I've never tried a pie! I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete