Full Term

March 15, 2015

UntitledUntitled
Untitled>Untitled

Well, we're officially 37+ weeks now, which they say is considered full term. It's strange and exciting to know that she could come at any moment, and that even if she decides to wait until she's due (April 3rd) or later, she'll still be here in no time at all.

Meanwhile, I'm distracting myself with little things. I made these two tiny hats last weekend with yarn from my stash. The patterns are the Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan and the Pixie Hat in Bunny Hop by Crystal Palace Yarns. Both are very simple, free patterns. I haven't been working on anything knitting-wise since casting off because we had our baby shower last weekend, so I've been spending a lot of time organizing the baby's room, but I'm getting the urge to cast on for something new. That, or I might finally finish the socks I started back in January 2014.

I've been trying very hard to focus on starting only projects that I can make with my current yarn stash, which is a lot more sizable than I ever wanted it to be. I don't like a lot of clutter, and I'm not good at working on too many projects at once because I find it too overwhelming, so I think it's important I follow through with this goal. It is hard, though, to see so many of you knitters making things with such beautiful, locally sourced yarns. It makes me want to go out and research the yarns that are in my area, too, but I know that's a slippery slope. For now, at least - until I can get through the bulk of my stash.

By the way, I just peeked at the date. Matt and I were married in September 2011, but we've officially been together for 7 years today! I'd better go give him a hug or something.

16 comments:

  1. Eeek! Those hats are so cute! I can't wait to meet baby Ella when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you might make it in time, too. Still pregnant! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You are getting there! The hats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it seems like you only just announced you're pregnant - all the best to both / all three of you in the coming weeks :) It's always exciting to welcome a new person into the world, even 'watching' from the other side of the world :) The hats are soo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I can't believe how fast AND slow time has been going. These last few days are dragging on, of course, but once she's here, she's here. :)

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the very best in these final few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary and it won't be long now (for me anyway!) Good luck and I love the hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. Wishing you all well as two become three :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like no time at all since you announced your pregnancy!,enjoy the alone time before the baby arrives. I hope you are using it wisely (to sleep) ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO much sleep. I never knew I had this much sleep in me! Thanks Lisa-Marie. :)

      Delete