It's been a long time.

September 30, 2014

UntitledUntitled
 Untitled

Well, hello. I've missed you.

I've thought about blogging nearly every day since my last post, but it felt somehow disingenuous to write about anything other than the one thing that's been exclusively on my mind for the past two months. So instead of halfheartedly sharing about things I haven't been interested in, I made the decision to wait until I could divulge the news before posting anything at all. And as someone who doesn't enjoy keeping secrets (my own secrets, not yours), this has been a special kind of torture for me.

The astute among you will note my current work-in-progress from the photos above, and may have already figured it out. Let me begin by saying this is the first project I've had on my knitting needles in months, and I'm so glad to be making something, anything, no matter how simple. More than that, I'm glad I now seem to have the energy to do something other than dive straight from my commute home into bed to sleep for 10-11 hours straight before dragging myself out of bed for work at the last possible moment the next morning to repeat the whole process over again.

I'm not sick. I don't have mono. There's nothing wrong with my thyroid. I'm just finally outside the first trimester of pregnancy, and when they told me that I'd be exhausted and nauseous, and that my sense of smell would be 10x more acute, they weren't kidding.

So there you have it. We're pregnant with our first, and among a multitude of other emotions including fear and nervousness, we're incredibly excited. And now that I've finally spilled the beans with you, maybe I can actually start posting again on a regular basis.

20 comments:

  1. Warmest congratulations!

    And welcome to the 2nd trimester, which really does get better, in my experience at least. (I can still smell my office-mates stinky lunches from 1000 feet away, but they no longer make me automatically reach for my trash can. Plus, you'll get to feel that wee one kicking soon, which is one of the coolest things ever.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linds! I am so incredibly thrilled for you-and I had absolutely no idea! Shows how smart I am, lol. That first trimester sure can be a doozy, but as I have experienced it does get easier with each pregnancy. But let's just let you work through the first one for right now, heehee. If you ever want to chat, I'm always here. I've got a little experience under my belt with the 3 kiddos. You guys are going to be such FUN parents and I have no doubt your little darling will grow up to be one creative individual. I hope you really do start feeling better and are able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Congrats! The ultimate DIY project ;) I'm glad you're finally out of the 1st trimester and into the clearer headed, more energetic waters. I hope you're having a great time. Sending you and your family love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats! Was wondering when we'd see a new post from you, this explains it all, blessings and hopefully a smooth rest of your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay! So many congratulations to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya, doll. The 1st trimester is a drag down fight to head up and keep moving

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to both of you :) welcome back to the online space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's brilliant news! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful news…I having been thinking about you…I have just returned from Portland, rented a beautiful home in mt. tabor, drove all around, rode bikes all around,,,oh, the food!!! when you are felling better and ready to eat for two??? I will tell you where the best mexican food is in Portland…we had such fun…stay well, so very happy for you and Matt…enjoy this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. I just had my first and she is ten days old. It is such a precious time. You have so much to look forward too. I love the blanket! Perfect for snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you both on these happy news! The blanket looks lovely so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! We are very happy for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. EEEEeeeekkks, I am so excited for you !!! I haven't been keeping up with blogs for quite some time and I am so glad I follow you on Instagram and saw the dutch baby....hehe, I saw that comment and yelled out about it to my husband and said I had better check over on your blog...just to make sure you weren't baby sitting or some other thing.

    A huge congratulations to you and Matt.... you will make the best of parents. There is on fear of my missing any of your blog posts now, for sure. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I can't wait to see many more tiny knits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blanket is just gorgeous! Congratulations again, what an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Lindsay! Yeah to 2nd Trimester! Keep posting please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, where have I been? Congratulations! So exciting. And Amen to the nauseous, tired, and holy cow the smelling thing! I look forward to hearing more when you are up to it. Lovely knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hooray! Congrats on entering this new and beautiful season! I applaud your self-control at keeping mum for two and a half months :) And lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete