Weekend Snapshots

May 28, 2014

Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Memorial Day weekend was a four day affair for me - sort of like a mini vacation. I would say it's hard to get back into the routine of things except I feel the urgency of making up for lost time, so everything is balancing out one way or another. Still, it feels much more like a Tuesday than mid-week already.

We kicked things off over the weekend with a First Aid Kit concert Thursday evening at the Wonder Ballroom. Those girls are timeless, magical performers. I especially enjoyed the songs they played from their upcoming album, Stay Gold. In particular, their song Ceder Lane, which had both Matt and I transfixed by the end.

Aside from that, we had several chats with friends about upcoming outdoor adventures. Hiking, camping, beach trips... I'm looking forward to this summer, which, in some ways, feels like it has already begun. Still, I'm not ready to give up on my love affair with spring just yet.

9 comments:

  1. More beeswax candles? Or some other kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Beeswax with citronella oil this time. Stinky stuff.

      Delete
  2. wee bit jealous that you got to see them live! I've been listening to the teasers for stay gold and getting excited!

    it looks like lovely weather too, hope your day is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must've played 5 or 6 songs from their new album, and I liked everything I heard. I bet they have live performances on YouTube by now. Granted, they're not the same as in person, but it's still nice to hear a live performance of the songs.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, sounds like a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there, those gals are awesome live <3 Looks like you've been having a grand old time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll come back around soon enough. I heard they were in the PNW a couple years back, too.

      Delete
  5. Hiking, camping, beach trips - sounds like the perfect summer plan! We had the long weekend this past weekend and it's hard to get back into the rhythm of work life.

    ReplyDelete