Weekend Snapshots

May 19, 2014

Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

I thought for the longest time that my stay with Blogger would be temporary. I assumed I'd eventually outgrow it and move on to Wordpress, but now I think I'm here to stay. It's just an easy blogging platform to work with, and I'm all about keeping things as simple as possible right now.

That said, I've made a few changes to the place I should probably mention: First, I bought a domain. Since www.awoodennest.com was available, I figured I'd snatch it up before someone else did. Second, I've installed Disqus commenting. The old comment system wasn't working for me because I couldn't reply directly to comments. Blogger supposedly offers threaded comments if you use the embedded option, but it wasn't working for me.* Probably because I've messed with the code too much.

Third, I've been playing with my post title placement and other appearance details here and there. I may even get a new logo soon after asking one of my amazingly talented designer friends to help me out. Through blogging and the wonders of the internet, I've learned there are a lot of things I can do myself. I've also learned there are some things I really can't do - or shouldn't - because I don't have the time or skill. Design work of any kind is definitely something that falls under that category.

I was finally able to fix my issue with blogger comments with the help of this guide. I had to replace all the threaded code to get it to work, but it was worth it!

8 comments:

  1. Love the snapshots! Isn't it amazing how much blogging teaches us? I know I never stop learning. Have to admit, I'm not too fond of Disqus though, signing up for yet another portal...I keep forgetting all my passwords as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually kind of funny you say that because I've been on the verge of deactivating Disqus all day. I love the fact that people can reply to one another, but I don't love that readers have to create another account just to make a comment. Thanks for the feedback about it. It will help me make my decision about whether or not to keep it around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a blogger user I find disqus kind of annoying. Just my two cents. I do love the convoying it enables.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new domain. I'm glad awoodennest.com was available. I've always thought your blog was really pretty, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will change with everything you're learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sweet lil updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soooo need your talents...love all your posts and pics....happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beans look like ours, all eaten up! Who did you go through to get your domain name? I should have done mine years ago, but ah well.

    ReplyDelete