Weekend Snapshots: Rediscovering the Kitchen

April 14, 2014

UntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled

Sadly, I lost my adventurous spirit for the kitchen sometime last year when I switched over from eating (and drinking) anything and everything I wanted to a gluten-free, mostly-Paleo diet, and I have yet to find it again. This in conjunction with the new work schedule in February meant I was all too happy to dine out for dinner almost every day of the week, and so I did.

Well, it's been two months of this routine, and my body - and my wallet - are suffering the consequences. And while I haven't yet undone all the hard work I achieved last year from eating clean, I'm starting to feel achy and bloated and lethargic again. Big time.

So, this weekend, rather than splurging on yet another carryout meal, I decided to drag myself into the kitchen to make some food. Among said food was a killer cauliflower-crust pizza and one of my favorite desserts of all-time: paleo chocolate chunk cookies. I really can't believe I haven't shared either recipe with you yet, but I assure you, both are coming soon, and are worth trying whether or not you suffer from a gluten intolerance.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! I can't wait to get cooking. I'd love some of your favorite recipes to peruse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! This cauliflower-crust pizza sounds (and looks) awesome, particularly since I am a gluten-free girl as well ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that looks so good, I'd love the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so delicious! I'm not gluten-free but I like to add some GF foods to my diet, to mix it up and not always have wheat. So yes, I'd love to see these recipes too. :)

    ReplyDelete