Garden Crafts: Painted Rock Garden Markers

March 21, 2014

UntitledUntitled

Last week, I scavenged the yard for stones. Large, flat, round - smooth enough to paint. It was a fun project and kept me occupied while I wasn't feeling well enough to enjoy the sun. This week, I'm hoping to finally plant some seeds, but first I need to prep my garden. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to using chicken compost for the very first time. If all goes as planned, I won't need to buy another bag of compost ever again. Wouldn't that be nice?

As for my new fruit and veggie markers, I can't wait to put them to use in my garden beds. If you want more details, check out my post on the Evermine blog where I've written a simple tutorial.

11 comments:


  1. What a great idea! I truly love this, and yours came out so well! Might use the idea myself when I have a bigger garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Doing this for sure<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see yours Milla. Will you share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're soo pretty! So much nicer than the plactic markers I have in my pots!
    Chicken compost sounds great, I hope it will work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! I'll be planting those tomato seeds you sent me this weekend. Wish me luck. :)

      Delete
  5. I love yours! You brought back a very happy memory from when I was a kid. My mom did this with my brother and I for a garden we had long ago. Yours are so sweet and a bit more artistic than my early attempts. Thank you for reminding me of a great project to do with my daughter and keep the tradition going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, this would be such a fun craft to do with kids.

      Delete
  6. I was so proud the first year we were entirely using our own compost--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to put these everywhere outside! "Pretty Pink." "Crawler," "Mangy Palm," etc.

    ReplyDelete