Snapshots & Holiday Stress

November 7, 2013

UntitledBaby Spider Plants
Fig TreeBreakfast
beeswax candlesbeeswax candles
Current WIP
Baby Spider Plants
Baby Fig Tree
Eggs and Sauteed Bananas for breakfast 
Beeswax, wicks, jars
Handmade candles

Hello everyone! We’re falling right into the holiday season, and I’ve got so many projects in the works right now that I can’t see straight.

If you know me, you know that I have one rule when it comes to projects: one at a time. Working on projects one at a time means I can stay organized, focus my energy, and finish whatever it is I’m working on that much faster.

Well, for the past two weeks, I’ve been working on six major projects all at once, and I’m feeling the burn.

So this week, after running around like a chicken with its head cut off for too long, I finally gave up and decided it was time to prioritize. I’m feeling much calmer now, and much more excited for the holidays. I can’t wait for Thanksgiving dinner with the family, and, per tradition, pulling out the Christmas decorations Thanksgiving night.

And despite my complaints about the stress, I really enjoy having a long list of things to work on furiously until my hands are sore and swollen. I secretly enjoy deadlines, and the relief that comes from completing a project. That relief gives me a huge creative high that sends me sailing into the next project, and the next, and so on.

So that’s why you’ll probably hear me complaining about the stress of the holidays next year, too, because I’ll be repeating the whole process all over again. I just can’t help myself.

5 comments:

  1. I have already started with holiday preparations too. With Thanksgiving being so late this year, it is more important than ever to get a good, early start so we can all enjoy the season. Love hearing and seeing what you are up to with your preparation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in the same boat! I can't believe the holiday season is already in full gear. I woke up last night at 4AM and after lying in bed for an hour stressing about everything on my to-do list, I gave up, got out of bed and did some work. Soo tired today!

    I really need to prioritize too! It's so hard when you want everything to be perfect and done NOW. ugh. I want to go back to when it was Halloween time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the same! Why, oh why do we do it. I am working on ones that need to be posted first now though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your projects look great, but I can relate to feeling overwhelmed by it when tackling many things at once.
    The candles are so lovely! I used to make beeswax candles but I usually just buy them now to save time. I love their smell and look!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your holiday preparations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so slow this year. I have a plan mapped out, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Time to get to work here soon!

    ReplyDelete