Are you participating in Wovember this year? Wovember is about celebrating real wool (the kind that actually comes from sheep!) for the entire month of November. According to the site, which is headed by the inspiring Kate Davies, Felicity Ford, and Tom van Deijnen, to get involved with Wovember this month, you can:
* endeavour to wear as MUCH WOOL AS POSSIBLE throughout the month of WOVEMBER, and tell everyone about the unique qualities of WOOL.
* sign the WOVEMBER PETITION to support changes to textile trading standards and product descriptions.
* TALK ABOUT WHAT WOOL MEANS TO YOU throughout WOVEMBER on your blogs, sites, facebook pages, twitter feeds, and other social media.
* PUBLICISE WOVEMBER by sharing our button and linking to this site.
* send us WOVEMBER stories about sheep, wool, knitting, weaving or other endeavours which celebrate WOOL in all its sheepy glory!
* Enter the WOVEMBER COMPETITION by sending us a 100% wool photograph for the WOVEMBER gallery. (Fabulous 100% WOOL prizes are on offer!)
* Have fun.
I wish I had time to enter the Wovember competition this year. I thought about it long and hard, and I even bought a sweater’s worth of 100% tweedy wool, and had it delivered last week so I could knit myself a warm, woolen cardigan, but alas, I find myself drowning under the weight of too many unfinished projects this month.
So, although my cardigan will have to wait (for now), I’m still participating in Wovember this month by signing the petition, wearing as many 100% woolen garments and accessories as I possibly can, and, of course, sharing about the wonders of wool with you here. If you, too, are interested in participating, just visit the site. It's full of intriguing, rich, wool-related content that will definitely inspire you to knit, crochet, sew, weave, spin, and wear WOOL.
In other news, congratulations to Manda O. for winning the giveaway for a 5-pack of handmade coasters! Your package is on its way. And thank you to everyone who participated. I had a lot of fun putting it together, and will definitely hold more giveaways in the future.