Project List

October 15, 2013

Untitled
UntitledUntitled
Untitled

Another Rikke hat, but brown this time.
These handmade coasters in mass quantities.
This pullover. Finally. It's been in my Ravelry queue forever.

Although I was never without a project on my knitting needles over the summer, the colder weather has motivated me to organize my Ravelry queue for some serious knitting action this fall and winter. First, let me say how glad I am that I was able to crank out a few pairs of socks this summer. They have been such a lifesaver, keeping me warm in spite of our cold wood floors. If you're on the fence about knitting your first pair of wool socks, just do it. Trust me.

Second, this Rikke hat is by far my favorite hat. I like it because it's slouchy and lightweight, as opposed to some of my chunkier beanies, which means it does less damage to my hair (as in 'hat hair'). Also, I can hear people talk when I wear it over my ears. You wouldn't think that'd be a consideration, but it is.

And third, I'm hoping to make my first wearable pullover and cardigan this month. Some of you may remember my lace striped sweater, which is technically my first pullover, but that was made with super itchy wool, and I'll probably never wear it. I have a bad habit of testing projects out on yarn I don't like just in case they don't turn out. Problem is, most things usually turn out better than I think they will, so the project ends up being a colossal waste of time and materials.

Anyway, I'm usually more of a cardigan person than a pullover person, but Jane Richmond's Oatmeal Pullover has been in my queue for ages (and ages and ages), so it's first on my list of big projects. I'm hoping its simplicity will give me the confidence boost I need to start in on the cardigan. If not, I'll just go back to knitting more socks. One can never have too many pairs of wool socks.

8 comments:

  1. okay, I'm hooked....
    the Rikke??? I need to make a quick hat for my daughter who's going to visit Seattle for the first time in a couple of weeks..what yarn are you using?..I have a bunch in stash so hopefully I'll find something there to use...
    the socks??? keep thinking about it...haven't done it yet...do you have an EASY pattern to share that doesn't have corrections??
    seems I find patterns that later ended up having errors...
    the waste of time knitting projects...boy am I there with you on that one!!!!
    always love your blog - have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the hat, I used Wool of the Andes from knitpicks. Super cheap, and tons of colors to choose from. As for the socks, I've been using a really basic pattern, but I think there is an error somewhere in the instructions, so I make up part of it. I'll keep my eye out for something though.

      Delete
  2. Saw these coasters on your instagram the other day and loved them! What a nice gift! (I assume, in that quantity, that they will be gifts?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Meryl: Yes! Definitely a gift. I'm thinking it'll be good for housewarming parties.

      Delete
  3. The sweaters will turn out great! I can't wait to see everything all finished up! You picked great colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ness: thank you! The green was an interesting choice for me. Not something I would usually go for, but I'm really excited about it.

      Delete
  4. I love the peeks at your projects! I've been meaning to try making a cardigan for ages. Maybe I'll get to it this winter.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how your pullover turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's knitting up super quick. Might finish it over the weekend. :)

      Delete