October Favorites

October 31, 2013

UntitledUntitled

1. Last month's favorites list included this inspirational interview on Copyblogger by Hugh Howey. This month, I'd like to add his Silo Saga to the list. I've read through Wool, Shift, and Dust on my kindle, and they were really well done. And as popular as this series is, I had no idea what to expect while reading it because I'd never heard of it, so I was engaged throughout the entire story.

2. It's difficult to find a decent paleo dessert that hits the spot, but this recipe for paleo chocolate chunk cookies is so good. When these are fresh out of the oven, they're no different than an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie made with all the normal ingredients. And then later, once they've cooled and hardened, you can crumble them on top of your breakfast for a granola-esque texture and flavor.

3. These 6 Sweet Survival Tips for Super Sensitive Souls. I want to print these out and pin them on my wall.

4. This post on The History of Pumpkin Carving from Alabama Chanin is perfect for today's Halloween festivities.

6. Gravity, the movie. I don't go to the theater often because it's so expensive, but this one was worth it. If you see it in 3D, it feels like you're really up there in space.

7. This 10-Second How-To from Design Sponge on cleaning a cast iron skillet.

 Have a happy Halloween/last day of October, everyone! Don't forget to enter the giveaway here for a 5-pack of handmade coasters.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your blog! And I'm still dreaming about those paleo cookies. Gonna have to make some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! I recently figured out how to remove the header on blogger. I like it so much better now.

    And yes. Those cookies. I think I will make some tonight, in fact...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added all your links to my Sunday morning reading list. Those photos are gorgeous. I love, love your instagram feed, it makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa-Marie. I confess, Instagram was my main motivation for buying a smartphone. I could sift through photos all day.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! (I got an iphone just for the camera, too, so I can relate.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, camera phones are so handy. Now I just need to remember to use my 'real' camera every now and then to mix things up.

      Delete