1. Last month's favorites list included this inspirational interview on Copyblogger by Hugh Howey. This month, I'd like to add his Silo Saga to the list. I've read through Wool, Shift, and Dust on my kindle, and they were really well done. And as popular as this series is, I had no idea what to expect while reading it because I'd never heard of it, so I was engaged throughout the entire story.
2. It's difficult to find a decent paleo dessert that hits the spot, but this recipe for paleo chocolate chunk cookies is so good. When these are fresh out of the oven, they're no different than an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie made with all the normal ingredients. And then later, once they've cooled and hardened, you can crumble them on top of your breakfast for a granola-esque texture and flavor.
3. These 6 Sweet Survival Tips for Super Sensitive Souls. I want to print these out and pin them on my wall.
4. This post on The History of Pumpkin Carving from Alabama Chanin is perfect for today's Halloween festivities.
6. Gravity, the movie. I don't go to the theater often because it's so expensive, but this one was worth it. If you see it in 3D, it feels like you're really up there in space.
7. This 10-Second How-To from Design Sponge on cleaning a cast iron skillet.
Have a happy Halloween/last day of October, everyone! Don't forget to enter the giveaway here for a 5-pack of handmade coasters.