Summer Knitting

July 26, 2013

UntitledUntitled
Untitled
UntitledAbove-Ankle Socks

It's not cold enough to wear socks right now, but I've been knitting them like crazy. I finally found a really simple, free pattern on Ravelry that I like enough to knit over and over, making little variations here and there. I still have about four pairs of socks worth of yarn left in my stash, so I'm hoping to bust through it all, and be done by the end of summer. Come fall, it'll be nice to have some nice wool socks for my feet. But these aren't just for me. I recently found out that if I knit my socks nice and roomy, Matt can wear them too.

If you're looking at this site through a reader or a mobile device, you might not notice the changes, but I'll be tweaking a few things here and there for the next few days. I thought it was time for an update and some organization. Also, I'm changing the width so I can add larger photos, but I don't think I have the patience to go through and resize everything I've posted before today, so bear with me. Things might look a little strange for awhile.

8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I love the shade of the green ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! The green one are my fave. :)

      Delete
  2. It seems everyone is on a sock knitting trip right now! Even I pulled out some that I started way back (and I'm doing different colors as well :)) I love your color choices, I think the white and grey looks so lovely and elegant.
    I like your new look on the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still not sure how I feel about it because I've been staring at it for so long. Happy sock knitting to you!

      Delete
  3. These socks are so cute! It takes ages for me to finish the socks, I make one and I never make the pair for it. I should start knitting again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sini: Yes, I too fall prey to 'Second Sock Syndrome.' Sometimes it takes sheer determination to get that other sock done. ;)

      Delete
  4. I havent knit socks yet...thanks for the link to an easy pattern...I read though it and I think I may be able to make these using this pattern...others have short rows etc.. and it gets me doubtful I'd ever get it right,..who knows??? maybe hubby will find some wool socks under the tree this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @lapdogknits: this pattern uses short rows to turn the heel, but it's very straightforward. Just follow the directions exactly, and they'll turn out fine. I hope you give it a try! I was nervous about socks at first, but now I find them very pleasurable to make.

      Delete