January 28, 2013
After recovering from a week-long case of Second Sock Syndrome, I was able to finish my second pair of Monkeys over the weekend (and haven't taken them off since). My original plan to was to go on a sock knitting spree, but after I finished my last pair, I decided it was time to work on a project I've been avoiding for months.
So, last night I cast on for my Endpaper Mitts, a.k.a. my first stranded colorwork project. I was nervous because working with two strands of yarn at once has always seemed a little overwhelming, but I remembered some advice I read on the Ravelry forums about holding one strand continental, and the other english-style. I tried that method, and it worked out well for me.
To tell you the truth, I'm having a lot more fun with this project than I thought I would. There's something really cool about seeing it come together before your eyes, and having control over so many different things happening at once. I'm still struggling with my tension, and the transitions between the needles, but it's no big deal.