Knit and Crochet Projects of 2012

January 1, 2013

Knit/Crochet Projects of 2012

Yesterday I put together a mosaic of my knit and crochet projects from 2012, and I was astonished by how much I was able to accomplish despite our move this summer. There are still a few knits that I left out of the mosaic because they are gifts for people who haven't received them yet, but I averaged 2-ish projects per month. Not bad!

2012 was my first full year as a knitter (I started in June 2011), and I can honestly say that I've fallen in love with the craft. There are times when it gets frustrating, or when things don't turn out the way I want them to, but I find myself really happy with my work more often than not, and the satisfaction that comes from creating something functional and beautiful never gets old. In the coming year, I plan to take my knitting to the next level with socks and sweaters. And if my Ravelry queue/favorites list is any indication, I foresee a serious cardigan addiction.

Anyway, I know a lot of people roll their eyes at New Year's Resolutions, but I really like to take advantage of the start of a new cycle to focus my thoughts and make some realistic goals for the coming months. I'll make a more detailed post on that a little later this week.

Happy 2013 everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing all that you have accomplished this year..I still think of you every time I see a pretty knitting magazine or book!

    A very Happy New Year to you and your Matt and the kitties too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a seriously impressive list/mosaic! And all such beautiful things!! I'm looking forward to reading about your resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling my comment is redundant, but you are amazing and so talented. I envy you, but I am in no way patient enough to learn the trade so I'll just enjoy your pretty posts instead.

    ReplyDelete