Tidbits

December 20, 2012

Untitled
 Untitled Untitled


A Few Tidbits:

1. My kitties can't resist wool. Especially a newly finished project that's pinned out and waiting to dry. I'm coming to terms with this fact. Mostly because I don't have a choice.

2. I finally decided to write on our chalkboard walls (just a little) with snowflakes. It's really nice - like a temporary wallpaper.

3. Remember that Pottery Barn table I was swooning over a few months ago? Well, Matt and his dad have been working hard all month building something similar for our dining room, and it's almost ready to bring home! Check out my Flickr set if you're interested in seeing the progress.

4. Matt and I saw the 3D version of The Hobbit with friends over the weekend, and I really love it! Keep in mind, I decided to avoid the book before watching the films because I knew I'd be disappointed (that's the nature of book => film it seems), so if you've already read the books, you might not like it as much as I did. And this might not surprise you, but I'm completely in love with Bag End, which you get to see in so much more depth with this film. I'm using it as inspiration for our own home decor.

5. Speaking of Bag End, check out this amazing miniature sized re-creation. It's impressive!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the snowflake wall! So cute! The table looks amazing! Can't wait to sit at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More of the kitties! Yay! The wall is fabulous! I anticipate seeing more wall art from you. I can't wait to see the table! And having grown up absolutely ADORING The Hobbit (the book and the cartoon), I'm happy to say that the movie is fabulous, so you should read it in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, kitty fun! It's the same with fabric...before I start sewing I just have to let them have a good lie down/crunch it up/play with the fabric first ;)
    LOVE the snowflakes, looks so lovely and festive!
    I just saw the Hobbit last friday as well and loved it! I read the book as a kid but don't remember anything about it so I just really enjoyed the film :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that you and Matt would make your new home just perfect for Christmas and it seems you have done just that.

    A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowflakes are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete