The Advent Tree

December 17, 2012

Untitled

Happy Monday, everyone! I received a few e-mails over the weekend asking about our advent tree from the last post, so I wanted to share with you where we got the inspiration for ours. I ran across this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess back in November, and e-mailed the link to my husband with a note: "Can you make this for me?!" So he and my FIL found some scrap wood and built it that very night, and voila! We have a new advent tree.

Last week, I tinkered around with some cardstock to make pouches for each day in December leading up to Christmas, but I'm not totally happy with what I came up with, so everything that's on the tree right now will be replaced with something better once I figure out what that something better is, exactly. I'm not too concerned with making it perfect this year, though.

Untitled

This is the time of year where I have lots of projects in the works to share with you, but they're all gift-related, so it'll have to wait until after Christmas. Instead, I'll share a picture of my pretty kitties. Little Wren was spayed just under two weeks ago, which was a bit rough, but she's feeling much better now. It's hard to believe how quickly she's growing, but I love the way her color is spreading and dappling throughout her fur. And the fluffy feline, with his white whiskers and big owl eyes, is just as cuddly as ever. Both of them have surprised us by showing very little interest in our Christmas tree (not the advent tree) and all its ornaments. It's a Christmas miracle.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for an advent calendar. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advent tree is adorable! And I can never get over how pretty your kitties are. :)

    ReplyDelete