This and That

November 28, 2012

Untitled

Someway, somehow, I managed to avoid both Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year, though I was sorely tempted, especially by yarn sales at a certain shop I frequent. Ehem. 

Truth is, I've got my hands full right now when it comes to yarn, and I try really hard to only buy as needed so I don't have unused ball after unused ball collecting dust in my stash. And right now I need to focus on my Christmas knitting most of all, after which I may need a break.

Untitled Untitled

Thanksgiving was really nice this year. Have I mentioned it's my favorite holiday? We had three dinners, two of which were hosted by us, so Matt and I have been feasting on turkey and all its counterparts since last Thursday. We even managed to boil both carcasses for turkey stock, some of which we'll freeze for later, and some of which I'll use to make a soup with our leftovers tonight. It's getting cold outside, so a warm bowl of soup seems preferable to another plate full of microwaved mashed potatoes and stuffing.

Taproot Magazine

I also wanted to mention this magazine. One of Matt's co-workers sent him home with issue 2 and 3 a couple months ago for me to read, and I didn't get around to it until recently, but wow. I'm hooked! Taproot Magazine is an ad-free periodical that's “written by and for people living fully and digging deeper; people who are interested in deepening their connections to their families, communities, and themselves as they strive to live locally and closer to the ground.”

It's full of amazing stories, recipes, and even a knitting pattern or two. I'm planning to subscribe ASAP, as well as purchase all the back-issues, and I'd recommend it to... anyone reading this post, really, because I imagine we're all similarly minded people.

Anyway, I know I've been light on my food-related posts lately, but I have a really delicious beverage recipe I'd like to share with you ASAP. It's perfect for the holidays.

Until then!

3 comments:

  1. I think I made a shawl almost exactly like that grey one a few years ago. Same color and everything--great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see if I can get it in the UK.

    You sound busy, but good busy. I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meryl, indeed! I'm a big fan of greys and neutrals (and shawls).

    Lisa-Marie, gotta love the holiday hustle and bustle! I hope you're able to get that magazine in the UK. It's so inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete