Bandana Cowl

November 20, 2012

Bandana Cowl
Bandana Cowl Bandana Cowl

This Bandana Cowl is a really fun, quick knit. I made it especially for Matt to wear to work 'cause it gets stinkin' cold in the mornings around here, and sometimes a scarf can be too bulky or too much of a hassle to deal with when you're in a rush.

The yarn I used for this project was Vickie Howell's Sheep(ish), which is a wool-acrylic blend that's really soft, and maybe a little squeaky. Matt and I were browsing around JoAnn's sometime last month, and spotted it on sale for less than $2 per ball. I couldn't resist, and picked up four balls. And since the project only takes two balls, this is officially one of my cheapest knits ever. And! I have enough leftover for another cowl, or maybe a hat.

4 comments:

  1. That would be so nice for so many people. You are right, that a lot of times a big scarf is not really called for..just something to cover the open collar area...Maybe I'll give it a try. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cowl! So simple.. and just perfect! Thanks for the link... :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this on my "to make" list forever--I love it in this color though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous-and at a great price! I've knit three of these (one for myself, the others for friends) and I love it. It's fun to knit and fun to wear. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete