Multiple WIPs

October 30, 2012

 willow catkin hood

Suddenly it's almost November, and I find myself worried that I won't finish all of my Christmas projects in time. Where has October gone?

In an effort to speed things up and get more organized, I finally went upstairs to my office this weekend and unpacked almost all of my many boxes. Before then, I simply ignored the room as if it didn't exist. Except when I needed a pair of scissors or a ball of twine, in which case I'd sift through box after identical box until I found what I was looking for. Not a speedy endeavor, nor an efficient use of time.

Wristees

Aside from getting more organized, I've also put some of my own half-finished projects on hold for awhile while I tackle gifts for my friends and family this year. This means instead of my usual one-project-at-a-time rule, I'm entering the world of multiple WIPs. I don't usually operate this way because I get a lot of gratification out of finishing things, and if I start too many projects at once, I'm in danger of never following through with any of them. But this is different! I'm on a mission.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, it IS almost November and I haven't started my list yet. I have the same style of knitting as you do...too many wips leave me frustrated. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy. And thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go! I just have one big holiday project this year and I'm barely into it. Gotta get motivated!

    ReplyDelete