Finished

October 1, 2012

Rag Rug

Well, I'm still feeling a little under the weather, but I tried my best to not let it deter me over the weekend. I think I must have a mild cold, which is surprising because anytime I get sick, my asthma flares right up. This usually means that any "minor" virus is blown way out of proportion, and it takes weeks for me to recover. But this? Not so bad.

Rag Rug

The good news is that I finished my rag rug, and it's sitting happily under my coffee table, doing its rag rug thing. I like it, Matt likes it, and the cats like it. So much, in fact, that I think I'll probably crochet them a kitty bed with the leftovers.

It really didn't take that long to make. I could've finished it in just a day or two, but I kept waffling about the dimension. Finally I settled on a rug that was just big enough to stick out 4 or 5 inches from every edge of the coffee table. Once I had it crocheted, I added a row of single crochet to both ends to tidy things up, and then the fringe.

I'm really, really happy with this thing. Projects like this make the creative process so addictive, so I'm in full on make-mode. I'm even tackling socks, finally, which I've been wanting to do for a long time. All of my old socks have holes in them, and I've refrained from buying more because I wanted to force myself to learn how to knit them this year. Preferably before it gets too cold.

Wool Leaves

I also finished this baby blanket awhile ago, and sent it off to its new owner last week. I think the pattern is really beautiful, and it gave me a lot of joy to knit. It's also one of the prettiest things I've had the pleasure to make, which is such a nice break from my usual tendency towards simplicity. I'll be using this pattern again someday, for sure.

Anyway, happy first day of October! I've got pumpkin butter and spiced chai bubbling away on the stove as we speak. I love this time of year.

11 comments:

  1. The rug and blanket look awesome Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you are still under the weather..Son-In-Law is wrestling with something like your bug...I always say, as soon as school starts the bugs fly!

    The rug looks perfect under the table, like a nice mat for a work of art! I am curious how you made it so I will have to find my Revelry password..(so bad about losing those words).

    The baby blanket is a work of art..I looked close and to me it has a Art Nouveau flavor..very nice!!

    Happy October to you too and I do hope you are 100% soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pattern IS amazing! I could look at it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rug! Gorgeous blanket as well, looks tricky! Imagine how GOOD it will feel to wear socks you made.

    I must make up a batch of chai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful--both projects do!

    I've never knitted socks before (hate knitting with teensy tiny yarn), so I'm interested to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rug! It looks great with your table~ the blanket is beautiful Lindsay! Thanks for leaving a link~

    have a great week~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's all amazingly beautiful! I hope you are completely mended very soon.

    Oh chai! Oh man thanks for that, I need to run out and get the makings for it right now because with this cold and very blustery wind we are having today, I think it would be ideal for my afternoon tea!

    Now let's see, I think you might have chai recipe on here somewhere, I'll have to look and try something new.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's sooo cold today! I woke up freezing this morning, and layered up in warm clothes for the first time in months. I included a link in my post for the spiced chai recipe I have on the blog for convenience sake in case you were looking for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful! I love simple things like that, stylish and cozy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You knit that? No way! Very cool. I wish I had patience for crafting but I don't, but it sure is pretty to look at. Good job and glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these projects! That lace work is so lovely! I hope you're feeling better now! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete