Weekend Project

September 14, 2012

Orchids and Fairy Lights Hat

I finished my Orchids & Fairy Lights hat a couple days ago, and guess what. It fits! Perfectly. I went up two needle sizes from what was suggested, but otherwise followed the pattern exactly, and I love it.

Orchids and Fairy Lights Hat

The color of the yarn is difficult to photograph. There are lots of subtle purples and pinks within the blue (which is a tinge greener than what you see here). You can see why I wanted to use it for something whimsical, yes?

Rag Rug Rag Rug
Rag Rug

After I finished my hat, I decided to go ahead and start on my crocheted rag rug. I'm making up the design as I go along, using old muslin that served as tablecloths at our wedding last year. I'm tearing it all into 1.5 inch strips, and crocheting it paired with white acrylic yarn that I've had in my stash forever. The combination of the two together creates a  nice subtle depth.

I'm hoping to finish this rug over the weekend because I think it'll look neat with this coffee table we found at World Market a couple days ago. We weren't exactly looking for a coffee table, but they had a floor model on sale at a discounted price because of a minor defect that nobody will ever notice, so we jumped on it right then and there.

I love it when that happens.

Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

  1. what a beautiful hat! i love your rug & that you used something from your wedding makes it so special!
    have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is lovely in that color.

    I really like your rug. It's a wonderful use of leftover fabric from your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the colors you are talking about on my screen, very pretty, I like the texture of the pattern!

    That crochet rug will look so good under your new table. If I had that table I think I would be tempted to use it as a jumping off point for the entire room..it is so special.

    A happy weekend wish to the both of you..and Fluffy Feline too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hat! The rag rug will look lovely on your beautiful dark floors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your projects, and I've been eying that coffee table for weeks. That whole line is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Alison, I'm definitely buying another piece or two from the same line. I'm really into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat is gorgeous! I'm always jealous of everyone who can knit such lovely patterns :)

    ReplyDelete