Laying Low

September 27, 2012

Untitled

I've run into a couple unexpected quiet days here at home, which is something I really appreciate right now while I'm feeling under the weather. I woke up today with a stuffy nose, watery eyes, and a sore throat, so I promptly rolled over and fell back asleep with my kitties for another three hours. I feel a little better now, but either I'm getting sick, or I'm dealing with some nasty allergies.

Untitled

Hopefully it's the latter because I have a big weekend coming up. After installing and painting baseboards in our bedroom, we decided to go to Ikea for some final odds and ends that complete the first floor. "Complete" for now anyway, which is why we're having our first official house guests over this weekend. There is nothing like having guests to motivate me into getting things in order.

Pumpkins

Matt and I found a few tiny pumpkins that I've placed on top of the hutch along with our Devil's Ivy plant, and I quite liked the looks of it, so now I want to decorate everything with fall colors, including some new pillow cases for our couch and armchair. That is, after I organize my office, and locate my sewing machine.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you are feeling unwell. My allergies get bad and on more than one occasion I have been positive that I was coming down with a doozy. I do hope that it turns out to be allergies for you...In any event, those sweet kitties will be at your side and be the best nurses around.

    The baseboards that Matt installed sure add a lot to the room. It will be nice to show his handy work off to your weekend guests.

    Do feel better soon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Matt's baseboards look so good. They really changed the vibe of the bedroom. It's amazing how a simple detail can have such a huge impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better--those kitties look like they would be great napping companions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon Lindsay!

    I love what you're doing with your place.

    ReplyDelete