Homeward Bound

September 10, 2012

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Dad and Tricia are coming back from their vacation tomorrow, so Matt and I will be heading back to the nest. I have to say, spending time here this past week has been like a mini-vacation for us. I hadn't realized how much we needed a break, especially because we've been working super hard all summer long on house and garden projects.

Untitled

I think I can say that we're both feeling refreshed. Matt has had his nose stuck in The Kingkiller Chronicles ever since we got here (I haven't seen him read like this since college), and I've been knitting and playing outside with Jake the Dog as much as possible. Dad and Tricia live in a secluded foresty area that's right next to the river, so I always try to get as much fresh air as I can while I'm here. And up until today, the weather has been gorgeous. Actually, today's weather has its charm, too. It's a little nippy, and it definitely rained this morning.

Bobbles and Cables

My latest knitting project is this Orchids and Fairy Lights hat from Tiny Owl Knits. I've been wanting to try one of her patterns for ages 'cause they're all so cute. I chose this pattern because I had two balls of opal heather yarn (KP Wool of the Andes), which was just enough yardage. Plus, this bluish-purplish yarn screams for something a little more whimsical.

I'm not totally sure this hat is for me though. I mean, if it works out, it works out. That would be awesome. But I've come to understand that not all hats have my name on them. There's something about my giant noggin and super curly hair that rejects most headgear, so we'll have to wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. At first I thought it was a cowl. The pattern is beautiful...it's making the wheels in my head spin about modifying it a bit! I have a cute hat, but I need a cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yeah! I think it'd be really easy to turn this hat into a cowl. Not a bad idea, too. May try it myself now that you mention it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty, soft blue and with the nights getting a bit cold, you will be able to wear it before you know.

    It is nice to see that Jake the dog is feeling better after his overindulgence of the berries..what a cutie.

    It was nice to get away, but I bet you will be glad to get back to your own nest. xo

    ReplyDelete