Labor Day Weekend

August 31, 2012

Untitled

It's getting colder outside. I can feel the season changing in my bones, which may explain why I've switched back to hot beverages, and relocated my knitting basket. With all the house and garden projects we've got going on right now, there really isn't a whole lot of time to knit, but I'm making it happen whenever and wherever I can.

Mojave Shawl

I started knitting this shawl back in June, about two weeks before we moved to our house, hoping it'd help soothe my nerves. Things didn't work out quite like I planned, though, and I had to shove it in my knitting basket unfinished. As these things tend to go, I forgot all about it until late August, and then it only took me a day or two to finish.

It still needs blocking, and I've got loads of ends to weave in, but I'm happy with it. I used Knit Picks Gloss, which is a wool-silk blend that's soft and huggable. And! I still have about a 300 yards left of the brown stuff. Enough for another project.

Wool Leaves

I've also been working on this blanket. I wish I could photograph the color more accurately for you. It's dark and coppery in real life, but it looks kinda flat in all of my photos. Anyway, I love this pattern. It's quick and beautiful, and I can't wait to block it out.

I hope you all have a fun Labor Day weekend! This is the weekend Matt and I were married last year, which is really strange to think about. A whole year has passed already? Crazy.

6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, happy Labor Day, and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year..It is so special for you to be able to have your 1 year anniversary in your first home.

    Your knitting is so pretty and I love how your floor turned out, very pretty color. (I hope that's your floor).

    Have a great, long weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all. Sherri, those are indeed our floors. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, so much about our lives is similar at the moment.

    I am so glad you have picked up your knitting again though. It seems to be where your heart is.32 kemsell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I think so. :)

    Surprisingly happy to find a hobby I like so much.

    ReplyDelete