Grapefruit Soda

July 11, 2012

homemade grapefruit soda

So, funny story. I went to the store last week for a giant bag of oranges so I could try this recipe for creamsicle jelly. Except that when I got home, I realized I had a giant bag of grapefruits in my hand.

Duh.

I like grapefruit just fine, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat a whole bag's worth, so I decided to juice them anyway. When I was done, I had about 4 cups of grapefruit juice, so I poured the juice into a saucepan with some sugar, and brought the whole mixture to a boil.

I didn't know how long I needed to boil the mixture to make it syrupy, so I just let it go for five-ten minutes before removing from heat. I poured it into a bottle after it was cool, and stored it in the refrigerator. When I was brave enough to try it, I poured it over ice with soda water.

homemade grapefruit soda

It was delicious.

4 comments:

  1. That really looks and sounds refreshing...good for you too! And for those who 'partake', a splash of the hard stuff might prove interesting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that sounds so refreshing! i love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful....
    going back for oranges for the jelly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I'll have to try this out myself.

    ReplyDelete