Color Affection Accomplished

July 2, 2012

Color Affection Color Affection
Color Affection

Here's the promised photos of my blocked Color Affection. I'm so happy with it! I can't tell you how good it feels to spend hours and hours on a project, and still love it after all is said and done. I honestly never planned to make knitting a full-time hobby, but the act of creating something beautiful and wearable is incredibly addictive. When I'm not knitting, I'm pouring over patterns on Ravelry, planning for my future handmade wardrobe.

Anyway, June was a crazy knit/crochet month for me, but I'm starting to slow down now. I've got my Mojave Shawl on the needles right now, and a week left before we close on our house, so I wouldn't be surprised if I need to take a break from yarn for the rest of the summer to work on house projects. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.


9 comments:

  1. Oh my. That is a gorgeous piece of work. Don't you just love garter stitch. It looks so soft too

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure did turn out nice and it looks great on you. I bet it does feel fantastic to look at something so nice and know you did it yourself.

    I am so excited for you and that soon you will be in your own home...there really is nothing like it. Knowing you, it will be a cozy nest in no time at all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beautiful as are you! isn't that such a great feeling to start with sticks & string & end up with something wearable~
    well done my friend!

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shawl and gorgeous hair...oh my goodness, I don't think I had seen a picture of you with it down before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Now I just need to wait for summer to pass so it'll be cool enough to wear.

    Meryl - Thank you! :)

    My hair definitely has a mind of its own, so I don't often get a chance to wear it completely down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the new house....
    looking forward to seeing what you'll be busy doing other than knitting for awhile...
    recipes in your new kitchen??

    it's the best...hope you have a fun new apron for wearing standing at the new stovetop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyndsay, it's BEAUTIFUL. That is some skill you have.

    I love your curly hair!

    ReplyDelete