Shawl Happy

June 19, 2012

Granny Shawlette

After finishing my Mara on Friday, I decided to take a break from the needles, so I dug out my favorite crochet hook, a ball of fishermen's wool, and an old favorite pattern - the granny shawlette. This is the fifth granny shawlette I've made, but it's the first one I've ever given to myself, and it'll probably get more use than anything else I have in my closet. I especially love that I was able to finish it in a day, which is exactly why I chose it. Instant gratification.

Yarn Yarn
Yarn

Anyway, I figured it was time to add a little color to my life, so I ordered some yarn for my next two shawls. The top two photos show the yarn I've chosen for my Mojave Shawl, and the last one shows the three colors for my Color Affection, which I started last night. I can only really deal with one project at a time, so the Mojave shawl will have to wait for awhile, but I'm really excited about both of them.

I actually bought more yarn than just this, which is admittedly a splurge for me right now, especially because I'm pinching pennies for our big move, but my birthday is tomorrow so I decided it couldn't hurt to give myself a gift. It's the big 2-8 after all.

Gasp.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty! Love the new yarn colors. We need to revive craft club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy early birthday!! i love those colors! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw...happy birthday! :) Yay for yarn-and-shawl birthday presents, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Big Happy Birthday (tomorrow)!!!

    Those colors that you chose are Yummy! Can't wait to see how it turns out. You have me thinking about shawls now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful yarn! It sounds sorta selfish, but I love making presents for myself! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday! love your shawl

    happy birthday! such a pretty shawl, love the color~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I really like the color palettes you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shawl, and oh, that grey-gold-purple combination is lovely. You deserve it, house move or no house move!

    Happy birthday lovely!

    (I was wondering, might you do a post about blocking? The granny squares I have done are doing that thing where the corners sort of stretch out.)

    ReplyDelete