Birthday Adventures

June 25, 2012

UntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled

Last week was my 28th birthday, so Matt threw me a fondue party, and took me out to the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. There weren't many blooming rhododendrons because it was so late in the season, but I still had fun playing with the ducks and geese, and walking around the paths. I will go back often.

Color Affection

As for the rest of the week, I've been knitting my Color Affection with my birthday yarn, and I think it's turning out well! I just finished the third section and started the edging last night, so I'll probably have it finished by tomorrow. Hooray!

P.S.
-I like mustardy yellow and eggplant purple together. A lot.
-Homemade pizza with prosciutto, pineapple, and roasted garlic is delicious.
-Click here for more dumbphone pics from our adventures at the rhododendron garden.

5 comments:

  1. a fondue party! how fun!! and what a beautiful color of yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two always think up such fun things..a fondue party sounds like a blast and I bet you found the fondue pot for a great price 'thrifting'!

    Your knitting project is coming alone nicely, you are so fast.

    I remember when I first discovered the Rhododendron Garden, I couldn't believe it was right under my nose and I had never seen it..like a secret garden.

    Off to go see more of your D-phone pics. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Your Color Affection is looking absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!

    The shawl is BEAUTIFUL. Purple and mustard is one of the very best colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaw, happy birthday! It looks like you enjoyed a beautiful garden... :) (And PS - your cat is adorable, in the post up there - as do those cookies look amazing!). Can't wait to see your project all done!

    ReplyDelete