Asparagus Pickles

April 19, 2012

Asparagus Pickles

Asparagus

I made a batch of asparagus fridge pickles a couple weeks ago based on this recipe. Of course, they've completely disappeared since then, but I'm looking forward to making these again during the asparagus season, which I know has already arrived for some of you in the country.

Our local farmer's market opens mid-May this year, and I can't wait! Especially for all the asparagus and rhubarb. They sell asparagus pickles there, too, which is where I originally fell in love with the idea. Unfortunately, each jar costs around $8 dollars, so I think I'll stick to making them at home.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos again, I always enjoy them so much. - It doesn't get much better than pickled asparagus, well, maybe pickled green beans. I like that they are 'fridge' instead of canned. We eat asparagus as much as we can until the season ends...Yum! - Hope you and Matt have something fun planned for the weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early Asparagus is just in season here. I'd never have thought of pickling it, but now, as I do the same with cucumbers and onions, I'll buy an extra bunch each time and pickle it, to eat in the bit of winter where it's nearly spring. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete