An old project.

March 7, 2012

Striped Tube Scarf

Striped Tube Scarf

Do you remember that old red and gray striped scarf I was working on just before Christmas? Well, after ripping it out in frustration ten too many times, I decided it needed a long rest in time-out. I actually wasn't sure whether I'd pick it up ever again, but I finally figured it out this week. For starters, I swapped out the gray for a wheat color. Then I decided to knit the whole thing up as a giant tube so that I could alternate five rows of wheat and two rows of red without worrying about how it would float down the edges.

I'm really happy with my scarf now. And although it's a simple knit, I really don't mind. It has served me well while watching Sherlock on Netflix (the one with Benedict Cumberbatch) - if you haven't seen that show, you really should.

Oddly enough, this is the first knitting project I've picked up since the end of January. I guess you could say I lost my motivation for awhile, but it's definitely back. I'm excited to start on my Hawthorne now, especially since I was able to contact the designer for a copy of the pattern in written form (as opposed to the chart). I still plan to learn how to read charts, but this will help ensure that I do it correctly for my first time.

6 comments:

  1. I do remember this scarf and how you were struggling with it...Time flies, it seems like yesterday that your fingers were a blur as you made hats and wrist warmers, etc... I am still peaking at knitting magazines and predict that in the end it will be because of you and your projects that I finally pick up the needles. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember, I have been looking for one ever since. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you finished it. I love how simple and pretty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf is beautiful and I'm sure it makes watching Sherlock ever better- love that Benedict Cumberbatch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a HUGE FAN of the wheat+red combo you decided on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh...it looks so cozy!! And I love the stripes.. :)

    ReplyDelete