Matt's Felicity

January 20, 2012

Matt's Felicity

I've been trying to reach a balance between the amount of time I spend knitting for others versus the amount of time I spend knitting for myself. That's why, after focusing on Christmas gifts for the last few months, I'm knitting only for me right now. I'm not sure how long this selfish knitting phase will last, but I'm hoping to get five or six items checked off my list without interruption.

Matt's Felicity

Unfortunately, things don't always pan out the way I think they will. This hat is one of those things. It seemed like the perfect pattern for me - huge, slouchy, green - but after I was finished, I put it on and gave it a good look. Something was wrong.

Matt's Felicity

It was the right size, and it fit comfortably, but it didn't work for me. I figured maybe I could wear it in over time, or block it out if it still didn't seem right.

And then I had Matt try it on. And it was obvious. The hat belongs to Matt.

Technically, what belongs to Matt belongs to me. We share accessories all the time, so I don't feel bad about giving the hat what it wants.

Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. And how could you deny anything to that sweet face!..You're a good wife to share. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bummer that it isn't quite right for you, but it's nice that it works for someone! It looks great on Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!! what talent you have! I have been wanting a good slouchy hat for sometime now. I think it would take the focus away from my mis shaped head. ha, that made me laugh out loud while typing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is rather perfectly 'his'.

    I look awful in slouchy hats. Th only thing I can get away with is a relatively girlie beanie.

    You must make something that is TRULY yours next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my bad knitting influence. Every time I come over here, there is something new I need to knit. I love this hat! I am running out of winter weather over here though.

    It is so adorable that it ended up on Matt's head instead of yours. The next knitted item is definitely yours!!!

    ReplyDelete