Gardening 2012

January 12, 2012

Garden Journal

I know it seems early, but it's time to order seeds for the garden. I always miss out on the spring veggies because I never think about gardening until the sun starts to come out, but not this year!

Instead of using my blog as a reference as I have in the past, I'll be detailing our garden and food preservation results in a garden journal. My blog is never thorough enough, and my memory is laughable, so this should help us keep our facts straight about what works and what doesn't.

9 comments:

  1. Every year I intend to get my sweet peas planted in Febraury and something always trips me up...Not this year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never to early for seeds! My garden journal is like my bible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, is that this year's Seed Saver's catalog?!? Haven't gotten mine yet, but I love the pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, got it in the mail about a week ago. The pictures are so beautiful, and they remind me of warmer times. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing about gardening is that it's never too early.

    Our other flat has a really lovely mature garden, and it's suffering badly from us not living there and not having time to care for it. I am going to be MUCH better at it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I keep random notes in a binder with my garden map. I think I would be more diligent with a designated journal. Can I ask what type of pens those are?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would like to receive that catalog. how do i do so? seedsaverexchange.com perhaps?
    this is so cool!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! Just go to their website and request a catalog. :)

    ReplyDelete