Layered Peppermint Bark

December 12, 2011

Peppermint Bark

 Peppermint Bark Peppermint Bark

I know. Everyone is making homemade peppermint bark right now, but I had to pitch in my two cents on the subject. I was determined to make it this Christmas, and after reading this post, I decided Orangette's recipe was the one to try first. And wow. Very simple, and very tasty.

After looking over my last few posts, I note that things are feeling very festive around here as of late. I'm quite satisfied. I'll be spending my week in front of a warm wood stove with a box of wool and my hook/knitting needles. Not bad, eh?

11 comments:

  1. I love this peppermint bark! I so wish I had a woodstove to sit in front of. I'll make due with my non-working fireplace and some knitting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely! i love christmas. never tried the bark, though..looks so pretty!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote out a comment then I think I forgot to do the word verification. - Anyway, your bark looks way better than mine, I'm thinking, one needn't go any further than this recipe. I went to look at the recipe and yours is much prettier for sure! - A warm wood stove and knitting...It doesn't get much better than that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! Looks yummy! So jealous of your wood stove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the ingredients to make a triple batch...I'm so excited! But a wood stove would make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmmmmmm! i have the same recipe bookmarked, but am haven't been able to find the white chocolate~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katiebee - If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, you might want to check their baking isle. They have good white chocolate chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, wood stove and knitting?! Sounds lovely! I like the packaging for your bark - it looks very polished! Another great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing. I like your current post with the pup and the cat, great company :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmygosh, yummy! My best friend used to make me peppermint bark every year, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete