Festive Red and Gray

December 7, 2011

Festive Scarf

The mailman just delivered a huge order of yarn at my doorstep, so I've been knitting and crocheting non-stop this week. And now that I'm finally done with all of my Christmas knitting, I can start making stuff for myself again. It's exciting! And strange.

I'm not sure how the idea popped into my head, but I've been dreaming about a red and gray wool knit scarf for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to translate the idea I have in my mind to reality, but it shouldn't be that complicated. It's just that the scarf in my mind doesn't specify whether it's garter stitch or stockinette, thin or wide, short or long. So I'm just going along with whatever feels right. Right now that means a thin and long scarf with 1x1 ribbing. The color-change edge is complicated, but maybe nobody will notice.

(another) Autumn (another) Autumn

I also finished another (yes, another) Autumn in a really pretty brass color. I love how this one turned out, and I have enough yarn for matching mittens or a scarf.

7 comments:

  1. Love what you are doing with the red and grey! Cute hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red and grey combo, they look great together. So wish I know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay! I've nominated you for a little blogger award. You can "pick" up your award over at my page! Have a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red and grey together--I can picture it in the snow, and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love red and gray! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scarf, red and grey is such a good combination!

    ReplyDelete