Christmas Garland

December 1, 2011

Christmas Garland

Making Christmas Garland Christmas Garland

Today is my free day, so I've spent it listening to the Fleet Foxes (big surprise there) while sewing up strands of Christmas garland. Later tonight, Matt and I are going to paint our baked clay ornaments, and drink champagne while watching LOTR. I can't wait to see how the ornaments turn out.

It's crazy. We're only one day into December, and my schedule is already completely full. I actually had to make an emergency trip to the bookstore the other night so I could grab my favorite planner for 2012. It must be that time of year.

Happy first day of December!

11 comments:

  1. Your garland is great, who knew some circle cutouts and a sewing machine could be so festive! Have fun and good luck tonight with your ornament painting 'party'! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Those circle punches of mine have done me well. And the sewing machine? Well... I may someday learn how to sew something other than paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the change of seasons, the winter months, and getting into holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting ornaments while drinking champagne seems pretty fun to me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea. I love stuff like this. Totally pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Later tonight, Matt and I are going to paint our baked clay ornaments, and drink champagne while watching LOTR."

    This sound like the best evening ever! (And I say that without even the tiniest bit of sarcasm.) I need a good LOTR marathon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I think I'm going to have to try everything you mentioned in your post: garland crafts, clay ornament cooking, and champagne + LOTR. I hope my husband's down for all of this ;-) I guess the quilt crafts are taking a night off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such a cute garland! I love the little scalloped circle. :) And I feel the same way! I love planner so much that I always end up with like 3, so I've been holding off for the perfect one, this year...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous garland, and a lovely eveing planned.

    Decemeber is mental. For example, its 9am on Sunday and I have been up for 3 hours cooking food for 40 musicians at a charity punk festival. The rest of my December is a lot like that!

    ReplyDelete