A Project Person

November 8, 2011

I'm finally starting to feel better after being sick for nearly a week, and I'm so glad. I was able to do lots of reading and movie watching, but I was otherwise completely useless.

Hats

Hats

Before I got sick, I went on a huge knitting spree. I made several more Autumns after finishing my first hat. That super bulky stuff gets addictive because you can work through projects so quickly, and although I enjoy the process of knitting (now that I actually sorta know how), I'm definitely a 'project knitter' at heart. In fact, when it comes to making things, I've discovered I'm quite the project-person in general. I like reaching the finish line with my work. Unfinished objects stress me out because they make me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything.

Reading Mitts

Next on my agenda are Suzie's Reading Mitts. These are another project not on my to-do list, but I find my hands get quite cold while reading in bed, even when everything else is bundled up. The name of these mitts immediately attracted my attention for that reason, but I also think they're pretty cute.

8 comments:

  1. Those hats are so great and luck super cozy. Every year, around this time, I wish that I had the patience to learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the name of them too..Reading Mitts, I have never heard of them but what a practical idea. - The hats look so cozy and warm. - Glad you're feeling better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love knitting but I'm not that good on that and it takes forever to finish something. I haave 2 pairs of wool socks and a poncho what has been unfinished since last winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hats! Also, I NEED reading mitts. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about "project knitting". If I get too many wip on ravelry, I get stressed out. The hats are cozy, and those mits look like they're going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going a project binge is always a good way to bump up your knitting ego. And the resulting items looking awesome are always a bonus as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right, hats are next on my list. Bulky yarn, so that's the trick!

    ReplyDelete