Another Hat

November 28, 2011

Turn a Square

After knitting my husband's Chroma Striped Scarf, I needed a project for my leftover yarn, so I decided to try a hat called Turn a Square. I like the pattern, but it's meant to fit quite snug, and both Matt and I prefer a slouchy hat. We also seem to have abnormally large heads, so it's hard to know just what size to knit my gift hats. I usually try to compromise by making hats larger than the pattern calls for, but smaller than my own personal preference.

I'll be making at least one more of these hats, depending on how far I can stretch my chroma leftovers. I probably have enough for three more just like this one.

9 comments:

  1. wow i love it! i am impressed!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have become such a pro at this hat making, it looks so very soft. I forget, did you just teach yourself to knit or was that crochet or perhaps I am just making this up in my head!? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - Yeah, I just taught myself to knit over the summer. It took awhile, but I quite enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors! Very nice hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is grand. And, I feel your pain on the big head front. I've been denied so very many hats in my life because of my hat size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - the colors are lovely, and it looks so soft! :) Jealous of your knitting skills...

    ReplyDelete