Knit and Crochet

October 17, 2011

I keep thinking Okay, as soon as I'm done with this [insert simple knitted project here], I'm going to put the needles/hook down and teach myself how to sew. But then I see all of these beautiful patterns, and I can't resist! I'm not the type of person who can have 15 different projects going at once without feeling a little insane (and broke), so maybe the sewing thing can wait until after the holidays.

These are just a few of the many projects I'm planning to start before the year ends:

The Bandana Cowl by Purl Soho

Hawthorne by Susanna IC

Spiral Flower Headband/Earwarmer by Shana Galbraith (Or any simple earwarmer, for that matter.)

The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits (Hexipuffs!)

And felted garland + knitted Christmas stockings! From Small Bird.

12 comments:

  1. i came across your blog through sherri at little house and now follow you through my blog~ you've picked some really fun projects~ i'm going to whip up the chai concentrate tomorrow~ thanks for sharing the recipe~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm about to go make myself some chai, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely...I adore the felted garland...so going to try this...only with pom poms...just made a pom pom wreath. xxoo
    oh and I can't get enough of those wooly cozy scarves..pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that Beekeepers quilt, so unique and grandmaish (did I just make that up?). All of them look fun, I may even attempt the first one...maybe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, love the garland, but felting scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have exactly the same problem with procrastinating sewing lessons because there is so much great knitting to be done. I think I may never get around to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have just started collecting yarn for a "beekeeper", and I will knit that cowl before winter is over....beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, lady! Found you via pinterest thanks to your chai recipe (addicted!) and just wanted to say hello and love your blog. Very sweet post -as a beginning crocheter, I'm inspired! Come say hello sometime at twentypaperlinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some nice projects to look forward to. Maybe the sewing solution is to find equally as pretty things? I have a link to a pretty nifty chronical quilt, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came back, because I just had to add that quilt to my queue. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it great! I really need to get started 'cause I hear it takes a long time to make.

    ReplyDelete