Tomatoes

September 9, 2011

Tomatoes!

Finally! We've had ripe tomatoes for the last week or so, but we've been too busy with the wedding to enjoy them. I really hope the plants are still healthy by the time we get back from our honeymoon...

Current Pickle Count:
-99 pints of dilly beans
-26 pints of bread & butter pickles
-19 quarts of dill pickles

Also, Matt calculated that we have 40.75 gallons of pickles total.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend/week! I'll be soaking my toes in the sand, and eating lots of seafood. :)

8 comments:

  1. These look sooo delicious! :) Also, totally jealous of your pickle stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your pickle stash too! You both sure have been busy with the vinegar, now you can relax and enjoy your honeymoon...have fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you two! Impressive.
    Have a wonderful honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are few things nicer than tomatoes, all different colours, to eat. Also, that is A LOT of pickled things. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, beautiful pic of the tomatoes!

    Nice work on the pickle stash.

    ab

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? 40 gallons of pickles that is amazing! My husband and I can't wait to grow things like cherry tomatoes in next years garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tomatoes are so beautiful, I just want to reach through the screen and snag one!

    ReplyDelete