Monday

August 8, 2011

Washcloths

I gave myself a break from the normal routine last week. Aside from spending all of my time in the sun, my only crafty projects were these waffle knit dishcloths. They're great for a beginner like me, and we were in need of a few more dishcloths around the house. As far as knitting goes, I'm still not very familiar with holding needles (as opposed to a crochet hook), but it's going smoother than before, with less random holes and dropped stitches in the middle of my work.

Strawberries

On Saturday, Matt and I visited the Gladstone farmer's market for the first time. We were lucky enough to catch the tail end of a parade on the main drag, so there were people everywhere. The market itself is tiny compared to most I've seen, taking up a modest parking lot and the corner of the neighboring street. It was kind of endearing, actually. I think we'll walk there again next Saturday to see what's new.

We picked up some strawberries and a bag of tomatoes. The guy at the stand said that these were the first tomatoes of the season, and they were going fast! I couldn't help myself and brought home about 3lbs worth. There's a recipe for tomato jam I've been dying to try, so I'll let you know how that goes very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to get my mother to do a knitting project and your cloths look like a small enough project and easy for her to handle.

    The Gladstone market sounds almost as small as the one I went to in a town at the base of the Northern Cascades, it was in a bank parking lot! Can't wait to hear how your tomato jam turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't just making dishcloths, you're making beautiful dishcloths! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete