Focaccia

August 25, 2011

Homemade Focaccia

I made up an herb-y pizza dough on Monday, thinking we'd bake a couple simple pizzas for dinner once the sun retired and the weather cooled a bit. But then Matt came home from work with some steak for the grill, so I tossed the dough in the refrigerator, and set to work on making kabobs.

As for the pizza dough? I turned it into focaccia bread, which is something I've never made before despite how incredibly simple it is to prepare. I pressed the dough into an oiled, square baking dish, and drizzled it with olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped kalmata olives, torn basil, sun dried tomatoes and asiago cheese. Not to mention, the dough itself was already flavorful with herbs. After baking for 25 minutes in the oven at 400°F, the focaccia was out on the cooling racks, awaiting our eager mouths.

Lunch

It's times like these that I scratch my head and wonder, "What took me so long?" 'Cause this stuff is good, and it's even easier to assemble than pizza. I've been cutting it into squares, and slicing it in half for simple sandwiches filled with tomatoes, shaved red onion, and a little mayonnaise. Oh, and it goes well with a tall glass of homemade chai.

7 comments:

  1. I like the way you always just jump right in and try it, and it seems to turn out great...hmmm, maybe that sould be my new motto, "just do it", I think I've heard that somewhere before! Hahaha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. There's a reason Nike has been so successful, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I wanna try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should with all that pizza you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautiful space...I'm really enjoying it. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete