In the works.

August 19, 2011

Waffle Knit Dishcloths

Knitting

After knitting six dishcloths last week, I decided it was time to move on, so I've started on a hat project called Autumn by Jane Richmond. I've had a ball of super bulky yarn laying around since Christmas 2010, so this project seemed perfect. The only problem is that the brim calls for size 11 needles, which I have, and size 13 needles for the rest, which I don't have. I guess I could go to the store for the 13's, but I really like my nickel plated interchangeables from KnitPicks, and I promised myself I wouldn't order anything else non-wedding until, well... after the wedding! It's a conundrum.

Dilly Beans

In other news, the green beans are finally ready for picking and pickling. I've been waiting for them quite impatiently. The urge to pickle things is bad this year, so I'm glad to say that we accomplished 19 jars of dilly beans two nights ago, and I can't wait for more pickle action.

2 comments:

  1. I love that hat pattern, I still haven't finished mine. I find it difficult that you have to have so many different sized needles for each knitting pattern.

    Your beans look great, I hope I get to pickle some beans this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hat, how fun will that be for winter!?

    Your beans look so good...Yum!
    I started doing pickled beans years ago and have family members fighting over and sneaking them, but must admit have not made any in quite some time. My beans are just coming on now so I will have to wait a bit.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete