Summer Hobby?

July 7, 2011

Despite this being the wrong season, and having a million other things to do, I find myself curling up on the couch every evening before bed to crochet. Most of my projects are gifts that I can't share here (yet), but I've also made a couple simple things for myself.

Golightly tote

Granny Square Pillow Cover

I'm definitely still a newbie to the art, but I'm getting better. Which is a good thing, because I find crochet extremely addictive. I may even try my hand at a crocheted garment soon... Y'know, after the wedding.

7 comments:

  1. I like the color combo on the pillow and you are doing a very nice job..we wouldn't even know you are a newbie to it. It is relaxing so it's no wonder that you like to do it before bed. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its wonderful to have a summer hobby and this is one I wish I knew how to do! I have been reading lots of books though instead;) Gorgeous pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a great link, just in case you don't know about.

    http://www.purlbee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been on the hook in ages, I need to get back to it.
    Your work is lovely, I really like that little bag design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! :) I found myself craving some hook time all week and finally had a chance to curl up on the couch last night and work on my granny blanket. :) It *is* addictive, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh... love the bag!!

    In my younger years I have had some lessons in crochet, but can't remember anything. Hope to find the skills back soon, because I really like to make me a bag like this one!

    Do you have the pattern and mind sharing it? Hope so!

    Love from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link, Sherri!

    Monique, the pattern is from LionBrand.com, called the Golightly tote. I think you need to register to access it, but it's free:

    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90136AD.html?noImages=&service=801&letterId=54847

    I found it via Ravelry. If you make it, send me a link so I can see! :)

    ReplyDelete