Wedding Wednesday

June 22, 2011

Handmade Pinwheels

I finally made my pinwheels! I'll admit, these were a little frustrating for me at first because, 1. I didn't have a wire cutter, 2. The dowels had a tendency to split whenever I'd use a push pin to create a hole, and 3. I couldn't figure out how to get them to spin! I eventually had to refine my methods and acquire all of the necessary tools, after which the task became quite addicting. All I can say about making homemade pinwheels is that it takes plenty of patience, practice and experimentation.

Handmade Pinwheels

I've made approximately 50 of these pinwheels so far. I still plan to add some embellishments, but I think they have a lot of potential.

I also made some crocheted flower hairclips for me and my bridal party this week. I glued the hairclips to the bottom with a hot glue gun, and added my favorite wooden buttons to the top.

Crocheted flower hairclips.

I think they're kinda perfect.

5 comments:

  1. wow, those pinwheels are awesome and I amazed you made 50 of them!

    ..and yup, those hair clips are kinda perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pinwheels, my favorite is the map one but they are all very nice.

    The clips are really cute and how nice that you could incorporate your wooden buttons into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pinwheels are the cutest idea!! I want to use those for a party:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those hair clips! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinwheels for a wedding - LOVE IT!! They are really cute.

    ReplyDelete