Wedding Wednesday

May 11, 2011

Wedding Invitations

Our wedding invitations are ready to go out this week! Whew. I think they're perfect, and I'm really excited to send them to our friends and family. A huge thank you to my friend, Rachel, who designed, printed and cut them for us.

Wedding Invitations

Stamps

Because our guest list is modest, I was able to stamp each address/return address by hand with my alphabet stamps. It took about two days, but I really like the way it looks. I also found a flag banner stamp from a local craft store, and used it to border the addresses.

I originally intended on buying a pre-made return address stamp, but changed my mind because of the issue regarding last names. I knew I'd be changing my name after the wedding, so I didn't want to be stuck with a stamp that carried my old last name, but I also felt it would be inappropriate to jump the gun and have the stamp made with my future last name before it was even official.

Silly details.

Anyway, we'll be sending these out this week with the 29-cent postage stamps that Matt and I found online. Each stamp has a picture of a different herb, and in case you hadn't already noticed, I'm pretty much sold on anything with herbs.

5 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! You must be getting close (and excited)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting time, sending those invitations off means it REALLY is going to happen! Your hand in every detail makes everything so very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, and such a wonderful idea. I love herbs too, they make everything look so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so beautiful. I love the color you chose for your envelopes--it's my favorite shade of rose. Looks so pretty with those delicate stamps.

    ReplyDelete