Wedding Wednesday

April 6, 2011

I've been busy making placemats for our wedding potluck. I'm making them out of muslin and a coarse yellow fabric that I found at the thrift store. The yellow fabric used to serve as curtains, but that's all I really know about it.

Making Placemats

Making Placemats

I'm still not quite finished with them, which you can see from the bits left unsewn, but I like their overall look. I consider this my first real sewing project, so I'm really happy that it wasn't a total disaster. I was nervous, I'll admit.

I still have quite a few more of these to make, but I think I'll switch to some of our other wedding colors. It might be fun to give each table its own theme. Once I figure out the dimensions of our tables, I'll be sewing table linens and runners as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

As for Matt, he is making plans for a trellis. He sent me this picture to give me an idea of how he wants to build it:
















I think it's going to be perfect.

5 comments:

  1. Oh..Matt is such a sweetie sending you that precious picture, it's a keeper for sure and so is he!

    You can't tell at all that the placemats are your first sewing project, the are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placemats are fab! Nice job you.
    Love the trellis pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your placemats look great!

    Matt's trellis drawing is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. These are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - they look great!! :) I love the design & that lovely textured yellow fabric!

    ReplyDelete