Kitchen Surface Spray

April 1, 2011

DIY Cleaners

I've been using a homemade kitchen surface cleaner for about a year now, and I really love it. It doesn't make me feel like I'm poisoning myself or my food, but the kitchen stays nice and clean. Vinegar and tea tree oil act as mild disinfectants, and the tea tree oil makes the spray smell nice.

Ingredients:
1 part vinegar
1 part warm water
A few drops of tea tree oil

Pour all of the ingredients into a spray bottle and gently swirl until mixed. Spray on your kitchen surfaces, and wipe clean.

Caution: It's best to steer clear of wooden surfaces that are stained or finished when using DIY cleaners made from vinegar.

9 comments:

  1. I have been using straight vinegar in a spray bottle for several years now, it is effective but the smell, whew! The addition of the Tea Tree oil is a great idea and one I will use right away..Love these homemade recipes!!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah. I actually like the smell of vinegar, but I don't exactly want my kitchen to smell that way all the time. The tea tree oil helps disguise it better than any of the essential oils I've used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea!!! Xoxo ♥

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I also love your bottle label and tags--did you design them and are they available to download or purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just found the link to the labels on your other blog, along with more homemade cleaner recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea- thanks for posting! I'm excited to try it out! I love your labels as well, but can't seem to find them! Could you post the link, please?

    Thanks again! =}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ashley. The labels are from myownlabels.com. :)

    ReplyDelete