Wedding Wednesday

March 23, 2011

Punched Paper

I used up the rest of my scrapbook paper last week to make more paper garlands for our wedding. My paper garland count is now 18, which seems a lot, but I'm wondering if it will be enough. They're so fun to make that I wouldn't mind making more, but the question I keep asking myself is what am I going to do with these once the wedding is over?

Paper Garland Paper Garland

I'd like to keep some of them, of course. But do I really need 18 paper garlands? Probably not. Maybe I'll give a few away if people are interested. :)

Paper Garland

Last time I posted about these, someone asked how I'm keeping them organized. At the time, I only had a few made, so it wasn't a big deal. I just kept them folded in a basket. That old system obviously doesn't work anymore, so I had to come up with another option.

Pouches Pouches

I had a big roll of paper lying around, untouched, so I chopped it into squares and sewed pieces together to make the pouches. They're the perfect size, and they're kinda cute. And they fulfill my need to sew on paper, which... seriously? Have you tried it? It's so fun. It's like instant gratification.

Next Wednesday, I'll have something huge to check off my list. Can't wait to share!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will have no problem handing your garlands off. I can picture several ways to reuse these. Parties, baby showers, even a nursery...the list is endless.

    Sewing on paper reminds me of my first year of Home Ec. in High School. We had to sew on lines and circles that teacher had 'mimiographed' off (way before your time). I hated the circles because I couldn't go fast, but the straight lines were very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper garlands!! :) your colors are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having fun mixing/matching different color combinations and patterns. I coul make these all the time. They're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lindsay! These are sooooo lovely! I want to hang some up in my baby's room! Sadly, I'm not a sewer! They will be amazing for your wedding!! OXO Natalie

    ReplyDelete