Wedding Wednesday

February 16, 2011

G'morning! I've had a busy week.

First, I finally started in on those crocheted flowers that I posted about a couple weeks ago, and they're really fun! I'm totally winging it, though. Gives 'em character. And honestly, I'm just happy to be playing with my yarn again. My stash of wedding colors has been teasing me for months:

Yarn


Second, I made more of those Mary Go Rounds from Lola Nova's tutorial. I couldn't help myself, and decided I wanted a few in every color.


Third, I've papered a few coffee containers. We buy most of our coffee beans from Trader Joe's, so I've been saving all of the empties, hoping to find a good use for them. I think they're quite pretty after their paper treatment, but I confess: I still don't know what to do with them! They're made of cardboard, so I doubt I could use them as vases. Maybe I can use them for holding wooden spoon for decoration? I like wooden spoons.

Hmm...



And last but not least, I've been dabbling around with a wedding favor idea for a D.I.Y. wedding series that I'm writing over at My Own Labels for handmade seed packets (the packets are handmade - not the seeds).

Homemade seed packets

I really like this favor idea because Matt and I are really into gardening, especially with heirloom seeds. Plus, it gives me another reason to sew on paper, which is fast becoming one of my favorite hobbies. The first post of the wedding series isn't published yet, but I'll be sure to link you guys over there once it's up!

That's it for now. Have a happy Wednesday, everyone! :)

10 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post! Your talent and unique flair come together in all of these photos and become a complete picture of you...I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice compliment, Sherri. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty post. I love your little crocheted flowers and your pretty coffee containers. I have a bunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm - how cute is your blog?? How have I not seen it before? Thanks for leaving me some sweet words so I could come visit!! :)

    I *love* your crochet flowers, and your photos are just lovely! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds you are so amazing!! I want to help with wedding
    Planning so bad!! Love
    You Chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so fun crocheting with you last night! We'll have to do it again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love those colors all together, how beautiful! Such great ideas and lovely execution.
    Isn't sewing on paper addictive? I "sew" all my shop packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAndmade weddings are a lot of work. but so worth it! I got married last September and I love knowing that no wedding will be exactly like mine <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heirloom seeds might be the best wedding favor I have EVER heard of. Fun for guests, and the symbolism of new life and fresh growth is perfect for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete