Wedding Wednesday

February 9, 2011

I really like the idea of a barn themed wedding, and for us, it would be a great way to utilize what's available due to the time of year we're getting married (September), and the location. It also lends itself to coordinated mismatching, which is something we're going to need, given that most of our wedding decor is thrifted, handmade/homemade, or collected.

These are some of the images of inspiration that have been guiding my theme choice for our wedding. I imagine bales of hay for seating, apples for centerpieces, a pretty horse munching lazily away in the background...









I might even find a pretty blue truck to stand in while we take our vows.

Just kidding.

Have a happy Wednesday. :)

5 comments:

  1. This area would be perfect for the one in the photos. Several years ago one of Martha Stewart's Employees had a spectacular southern wedding like this, it was great. Maybe you saw the special on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the photos of this wedding?

    http://ruffledblog.com/brit-daniels-handcrafted-wedding/

    If I had it to do over again, I would totally do the hay bale and quilt seating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - No, I didn't. I'll have to see if I can find it in the archives or something. :)

    Meryl - Aww, there's so much about that wedding that I love! Thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://vimeo.com/13949919

    Cyber spy Jacqui and Scotts wedding, it was gorgeous.
    http://unitedweslide.blogspot.com/2010/08/photobooth-o-rama.html

    ReplyDelete